Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Replaced rear brakes

Last week I got the new brakes for the rear on the 325. Today I had a chance to put them on. The driver side was easy once I got the little things figured out. I did smash a finger, but it only hurts a little right now. I replaced the rotors and the pads. The rotors were probably the originals. The passenger side rotor was a little tough, actually not really since it broke. Picture later. The thing was stuck on there really good, so I tried using a hub puller. It ended up bending the rotor until it snapped. The thing still wouldn't work so then I tried the tire method. This is where you put the tire back on the car and try to wobble it loose. Nothing. So then it was to the old heat method. Got out my trusty propane torch and heated the disc around the hub for a good 5 minutes. Although with some well placed knocks from a hammer in between the stud holes and a little later one good whack on the back of the rotor and it came off.

Got everything back together and took it for a drive. The difference in the brakes is amazing. Now I can't wait until the front rotors arrive tomorrow along with the new control arms, and urethane bushings.

No comments:

Post a Comment